"Ireland's most active genealogical society"
We are “Ireland’s most active genealogical organisation”
Why join us? What do we offer?
- Become an active volunteers who gives time to keep the Society vibrant and active.
- Meet like-minded members to participate in major or smaller projects
- Achieve better outcomes for your research by working with a group
- Learn more about genealogy and create new friendships.
A Gift of Membership
A gift of membership of the Society may be the impetus for a whole new pastime for someone.
If you want to give a gift of membership, then click the gift button opposite.
We will email to you the relevant membership certificate which you can email or print for presentation.
- Membership fees €40/year
- Student concession €20/year
Benefits of Membership
A newsletter (Ireland’s Genealogical Gazette) emailed to you every month to keep you up-to-date with activities and developments. A journal supplied to you each year in the Springtime
A lecture each month (first Tuesday 8.00pm) on a topic of Genealogical interest – location: Dun Laoghaire Further Education Institute, Cumberland St.
An informal open meeting with coffee and chat on the 4th Wednesday 10.30am – location: Hardy’s Bar, Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire
Note – Lectures and Morning meetings are currently on hold due to Coronavirus restrictions
Newly-equipped computer room
Access to extensive range of genealogy sites:
An Daonchartlann/ Archive
Use of extensive and growing archive held in Dun Laoghaire
Discounts for members
- Ancestry and Find my past
- Irish Newspaper Archives
- Flatcaps and Bonnets
To avail, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to use GSI post-nominal
- Right to Register your own assumed Arms or emblems with the Society free of charge;
- Right to have your Club, School or Institutions assumed Arms or emblems registered with the Society free of charge to a maximum of ten registrations.
Opportunity to articipate in some of the Society’s projects
- Cemetery recording
- Ireland’s DNA Atlas
- Digitising of records
Special Interest Groups
Vexillology Ireland for all interested in flags and banners.
Heraldry Ireland promoting an awareness, appreciation and knowledge of Ireland’s heraldic heritage and of heraldry in general.
GSI is entirely staffed, operated, and maintained by volunteer efforts. There may be opportunities to volunteer for participation in the society as a volunteer at various levels, compatible with your skills and preferences. Let us know if you would like to volunteer
We promote on your behalf the interests of genealogy:
- in the public media
- in outreach activities at the request of societies and organisers of public events
- in government and political circles